HANNESARHOLT is a hidden gem a few blocks from the center of Reykjavík. Historic home of the late Hannes Hafstein, Iceland’s first Minister of State, poet and politician. Built in 1915, and remained a home until 2007, now restored and opened to the public.
- Cafe and restaurant in the delightful dining rooms on the first floor
- City walks from Hannesarholt of the historic center of town by appointment
- Cultural events and musical performances year round in the music hall
- Conference rooms – private parties
- Historic short doc on Hannes Hafstein and the formative years of the city
HANNESARHOLT is the perfect place for a nourishing visit in a unique atmosphere, at the gate between the past and the present.